Saturday, March 20, 2010

I don't have terribly exciting pictures...

...of our afternoon, but here's the rundown. Matt got off work early today (thank goodness for paid time off!) and we headed down to Burbank. Matt's friend hooked us up with VIP tickets to see the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. I've never been to a taping before, and Leno was a cool one to watch. For one thing, it is actually filmed "live." Of course, it isn't shown live, but there's actually breaks for commercials, and there are no second takes. Very cool. So, we weren't there for hours having to laugh at the same jokes over and over, like with a sit-com. For another thing, Matt and I got front row seats.  I was utterly amazed when the NBC page sat us down in the seats closest to the stage. You know, the one where Leno does his monologue. Yeah, that one. When he first came out, we got to storm the stage, and he shook Matt's hand (along with a bunch of other people's). He didn't shake mine, passed right over me, but that's ok. I think it's weird that people want to touch famous people. Like it will rub off on you, or something... Anyways, the monologue was great. Sitting right there in the front was awesome. Of course, there are no photos, but I'm sure if you watch the video (on Hulu or something like that) you'll see me and Matt, right there. The music was great, the guests were funny. All in all, a great time. I did take a couple pictures, but not until we were driving around after the show, trying to find something to eat.
Here's the NBC studio sign, just to prove that we were there :)


And the show was filmed in this big, non-descript building--Studio 11.

Then, as we were driving around, we passed Disney Studios in Burbank.


Look closely at the fence posts. Cute, huh?

I wish I could have gotten a picture of the big building on the Disney lot. It has the 7 dwarves on the side of the building, looking like they are holding it up, or something.

And, finally, something that caught my eye:

Just look at all the nails and staples and screws are in this light pole. Wow, huh? Pretty popular corner, I guess. How many years did it take, do you think? Or did this just happen in like a month? Hmmm...

Anyways, we drove around a bit, then decided to head over to the mall to find something to eat. We ate at an Indian restaurant, and had a great discussion on the spiciness of Indian food. Not necessarily hot spices, just the diversity. Then, we drove home, just as the sun was setting and dusk was settling in. Beautiful evening. Just perfect.

Don't forget that the Vernal Equinox happens tomorrow. Equal amounts of light and dark. Only happens twice a year, you know?

Well, I'm about ready to head to bed. Goodnight, all :)

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment