Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bye, Bye Birdies

I'm so sad to announce that the baby hummingbirds are no longer in the nest. They were sitting in the nest today when the gardener came to do his gardening thing, and he scared them out of the nest! They flew away. About a half hour later, the mother hummingbird came back to the nest and appeared very sad that the nest was empty. I know it's the circle of life, and it was bound to happen, but I'm still a little sad.

I happened to capture the moment on video. It's pretty grainy, but you can definitely see them fly away!







~Sorry that the video is huge. I had to imbed it from facebook, or something like that, because the video wouldn't upload directly....~


Also, my microgreen kit arrived in the mail yesterday, and I sowed my first crop of seeds! I planted half radish, half turnip. In just 12 hours (this morning) I had many seeds sprouted, and I just watered them again, and pretty much all of the turnip is sprouted, and a lot of the radish, too!

The seeds are sown.

24 hours later, they've sprouted!
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment