Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend in Mexico

Ok, so here's what the dealieo is. This weekend, Matt and I went down to Mexico for our friends' wedding. We had a great time. Here's a photo montage of our weekend. :)

First up: Mexico!
This picture is right after you cross the border into TJ, and there's a giant Mexican flag flying. Kind of cool.

Then, as you come close to the resort in Rosarito Beach, you see this:
He was overlooking our resort/hotel. :) Which was beautiful, by the way:
You can see our room: It is the third one up from the bottom on the left :) We had a great view:
Amazing, huh?
So, we got there on Friday afternoon, checked into our rooms, and went down for some authentic Mexican tacos at this little shop called:


It was pretty good. You just told the guys how many you wanted, ate them, and paid after. Matt and I each had 3 tacos; there was the choice of beef or pork. Not bad :)
Then, we all headed down to the pool for a little sun time. Can you blame us?
I mean, seriously, how gorgeous is that? :) Ok, to be fair, that last picture is of the OTHER pool that we didn't really go in, but still. There was a jacuzzi hot tub that was way popular for the weekend. It was a little chilly at times, and the warm water felt nice.

After the rehearsal, we had dinner, which was...surprise! Mexican food :) {I'm not going to be able to eat Mexican for quite a while. Although it was delicious, I'm good for a long time :)}
It was neat to get the four guys together for a picture. It doesn't happen often enough. From left to right: Brandon Cant, Vince Masciale, Matthew Emerson, John Wald. These four guys were inseparable in high school. Look at them now, all grown up :)

We were able to run outside and watch the sunset. So gorgeous!

Matt and I called it an early night, and woke up early to be the first ones in the restaurant for breakfast. We noticed a lot of cyclers come in to eat, and didn't know what to think. Then we headed down to explore the tide pools. Awesome!
Yes, that picture of my feet is real. Those are called Vibram Five Fingers, and they are so much fun! It was awesome to walk around on the rocks, being able to grip them with my feet. I got a lot of questions about my shoes during the weekend. I wonder why... :) The two pictures of the tide pools are of a sea anemone and a sea slug. We saw tons of anemones and some GIANT slugs. Way cool!
And the reason for the cyclers at breakfast? 
A bike race! We watched some of the cyclers as the passed by. Looked like they were having a lot of fun. :) Maybe next year...
Finally, it was time for the wedding festivities to begin. Matt got ready with the rest of the guys, while I relaxed in the room, watched a little tv, and enjoyed the sound of the ocean. Here's all the groomsmen, down on the rocks: 

It was a fantastic night. Only got one picture of me in my dress:
Not even a full length, but that's ok.
Sunday morning, after a restless night (the partiers were up way too late for my taste, which means I had a hard time sleeping) we explored the tide pools again after breakfast.
It was foggy and beautiful. I had a great time. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Oh, and one last picture to leave you with:

6 comments:

  1. how fun is that? gorgeous! looks like you guys had fun. :)
    we were driving home from church yesterday, passing Sullivan, and preston said "i want to go to mimi's house!" it brought tears to my eyes. but i told him we will see you when we go to idaho. you should come and stay in idaho for 2 weeks...k? good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too much fun...I wish I could travel like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the pictures...but 'specIALLY the one of the groomsmen on the rock

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I heard you had a voyeur looking into your room. how was that :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trip!! Glad that you had such an amazing time....loving the beach!! SO JEALOUS!! One of these days....

    ReplyDelete