Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update on New Job

Well, I still don't know who my students are going to be. But I do know that I have 10 of them. Yep, that's right. I decided that I wanted to have as many students as possible. Especially seeing as how I don't have a whole lot going on around here for a while....My students range from 1st grade to 6th grade, and will be tutored in Language Arts or Math. I am required to tutor them for 20 hours total sometime between September 1 and April 30. Let's see, 10 students, 20 hours a piece, that's 200 hours total, right? Not too shabby. Actually, if I finish up with some of the students by January, I could potentially take on some new students. That all depends on how I feel about this whole thing come January, of course. And if I don't get another job, too. My plan is to meet with each student at least once a week, for 1 hour 45 minute sessions. So, that's 17.5 hours a week. A decent part time job. I'm hoping I can stay organized, which will be the key. And that the kids will benefit from my tutoring, of course. I'm excited to get started! Unfortunately, my fingerprint check hasn't cleared yet...hopefully I'll get my list of students by this weekend (actually, it cleared, but it wasn't entered into the system, yet, so they wouldn't release the list...*shrug*).

that's about it. Other than coming home to a small power outage. We ended up going to the Americana mall in Glendale for some shopping in A/C stores and dinner at Cheesecake. I ordered the Weight Conscious Chicken, which was pretty yummy, and had chicken left over. And I don't feel guilty about eating there, because it was very reasonable as far as calories go.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, my wristlet was featured on Flamingo Toes! Bev was excited to see what I had made from her tutorial and posted pictures of my project! I'm pretty proud; actually I'm ecstatic!

Now that the power is back on (obviously since I'm typing this. As much as my phone can do, I hate typing a large amount on it!), I am thinking of going to bed. I've got a new book from Barnes and Noble, and I can save the organizing for tomorrow, right? I hope you all have a wonderful night!

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment