Saturday, March 3, 2012

My first week

Well, as most of you know, I'm now on the employed list. Yep, made it through the first week, even. :) That means, I still need to survive 2-3 more weeks before I know if this is the right job for me. Here I am, wearing my Hawaiian shirt on Friday. Everyone was impressed that I found a girl's Hawaiian shirt. :)

So, the way it works at my job is the first 3-4 weeks are the "Multitasking" phase. They teach us the bare basics of what the job is about, adding new stuff each day. At the end of the initial phase, they assess us by throwing a bunch of stuff at us and we have to sink or swim. If When I survive, I'll move to the next training phase, filled with classroom instruction and listening in to real dispatchers do their job. This is just the beginning of a long training phase, which might last up to 18 months. I hope I'm ready for it...

I'm really lucky, because Matt has been helping me out, practicing the verbiage, and teaching me how to do certain evolutions. I would be completely lost without him. Instead of just lost. ;)

Anyway, I'm probably going to be pretty busy for the next LONG while, and won't be blogging as much (such a joke, since I haven't been blogging much lately anyway), but I'll try to keep everyone up to date on my progress.

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment