Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chhhhhhh-anges!

Well, I guess most of you know by now, but Matt and I are going to go through a drastic life change here pretty quickly...I got a job. And not just any job, but a Load Dispatcher job with Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. Sound familiar? Yep, it's the same job as Matt. As in, we'll be working together. We might even see each other every day. All day, even. Shocking, I know. I mean, how can a marriage last when you have to see each other all the time? :) I'm just poking fun at some of the comments we've gotten since I was offered the job. Some people really can't imagine working with their significant other. I'm thinking it won't be such a big issue. If we can ride our bikes from Canada to Mexico together and manage not to kill each other, I think we can manage working alongside each other. Will there be moments? Yes. But tell me this. When are there not moments? Does everyone get along 100% of the time with every single one of their coworkers? Nope. Didn't think so. I'm pretty excited. I know the first couple years will be extremely challenging, especially for me. I have a lot to prove. I mean, I'm the first female Navy Nuke the department has hired. Only one female so far has completed the training program and was picked up as load dispatcher (she was a station operator beforehand). That puts a lot of pressure on me to complete the program and get picked up. But I'm ready for a challenge.The job starts on Monday, when I will begin ~1.5 years of training prior to becoming an actual load dispatcher (until then, I'll just be a trainee). I'm getting pretty excited!

Matt and I (and Gwen, too) have been doing P90X for almost 2 months now. I've put off buying new clothes for the job, since my body is going through some changes. I'll be doing some major clothes shopping this weekend, though. It's been quite a while since I've bought new clothes, and I'm a little excited about that as well.

In order to make our lives easier, with the two of us working, Matt and I are trying out a new thing. It's called Dream Dinners, where you basically make up a menu online, then go into the store at your reserved time, and put your meals together. They have all the ingredients laid out and you put it together, seal it in freezer bags, and viola'! Ready-made meals. I made up my first set of meals today. 36 servings of food took me about 45 minutes to put together. Not too shabby! That, along with the installation of a dishwasher, is going to make my chore list much shorter and easier to manage :) And Matt has promised to help out around the house more as well. We've put up white boards around the house so we have places to make check lists of things that need to be done. I'm thinking a 50/50 split with the housework sounds about right, don't you? :P

Anyways, that's about it. Enjoying the beautiful California weather. It's been sunny and warm lately, in the mid to upper 70s, but I'm sure spring will get here eventually and the marine layer will move in. I'm hoping we get some rain..it's been pretty dry.

~Pam

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! Change is good! :) I think it's awesome that you guys will be working together. Way cool! Annnndd....I wish I was there to go shopping with you! How fun would that be? :) Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete