Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Its been a few days...

Sorry about that. I was talking to Jill today, telling her how glad I am that she is blogging, and she said "I just don't have much to talk about." I realized that I'm not setting a good example by not blogging, so I should just buckle down and let everyone know how my week has been.
Matt was off work all week. It was so much fun to have him around. We got a lot of stuff done, and did a lot of stuff together. We went to the Eastern Shore of Virginia on Friday, with the idea of maybe going camping. We brought our bikes and played it by ear. We rode almost 40 miles, with our bikes fully loaded. That was difficult, let me tell you, but I can see how it is possible. It really feels like we are going to be doing our trip! It seems real. We didn't end up camping out, just because it cost $12 to go across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel each way, but there's a discount if you cross w/in 24 hours, so we rode back to our car and drove home. We hung out Friday night, then we got an early start Saturday...shopping! I am (was) in dire need of some professional looking clothing. Well, several hundred dollars later, I have some clothes. Five years ago, I had set aside some money for this purpose, and it is nice to be able to have the money when I need it. (Although, with the interest rates going down, I should use the money as fast as I can. My money market is getting HAMMERED!)
Well, Sunday Matt had duty, and I studied for a Biology test. I took the test on Monday, and Matt and I went bike riding after. It was a good ride, until I got bit by an unknown bug. It kept biting me on my stomach. It HURT! So we had to cut the ride short, got home, cooked some dinner, watched a little TV, and went to bed early. I had to wake up early this morning to go to class. ODU classes are canceled for Fall Break, but TCC (the community college) still has classes. I swear that TCC gets the short end of the deal when it comes to semester hours you have to complete. TCC doesn't get out for anything, and their semester started before ODU and ends after. After class today, I went over to Kate's and played with the boys on their new playset. Hopefully Kate will post some pictures. That thing is AWESOME! It has swings and a slide. It was so much fun! Then I had to do some grocery shopping, and by the time that was done, it was almost 2. I started making some desserts for the week, beginning with JELLO. I had some cantelope that we had bought a while ago and that needed to be used up. So, I cut it up and put it in some JELLO. Yum. THen, while I was talking to Jill, I made some mini Jello no-bake cherry cheesecake bites. I just made the cheesecake and put it in muffin cups instead of the pie tin. THis way, Matt can take a bite sized cheesecake for lunch to work. When he got home this afternoon, the first thing he did was eat two of them. They are yummy. I also bought the makings for chocolate chip cookies, so I'll do that probably this weekend. I don't have any more time today....
Well, speaking of, I need to get dinner started. I'm making Chicken Cesar Salad, but with Ranch Peppercorn dressing, b/c I forgot to pick up the Cesar and I don't want to go back to the store. So, we'll make do with what we have. It should still be good. I need to cook the chicken.

I'll talk to you guys later.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment