Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Weekend in DC

So, Matt had to take pictures in DC for a couple that was getting married in the temple. We went up a day early, and went for a bike ride. It was amazing. I couldn't believe how far we went!(The pictures are in the blog below. We didn't take many pics. Sorry!) It was hard, cold, challenging, and very, very, fun! That was the farthest we had gone ever, and on our loaded bikes, boy was it crazy! We got back to our bikes at around 6pm, went to find our hotel, stopped in at McD's for dinner (we were starving, and that was our only choice.) Oddly enough, the service at that McD's was great! Our food was delivered fast and hot. Quite a different story from our last fast food experience at Sonic. I'm not sure if I've told you about that one, but we got Sonic one day, and the food was ICE COLD. It was ridiculous. So Matt complained to a manager, who told him, "Sir, that is how it is sometimes. We don't make the food fresh every time." !! What do you mean? So our food was refrigerated? Finally she offered to give us a refund or make the food again, but we just left. And called the company to complain. They sent us a coupon for a free sandwich, which we will probably never use.
So, back to our story, we slept soundly, as you can imagine. After a nice hot bath, that is. And then we went to the temple for early morning pictures before the couple came out. Matt got some excellent shots, which I'm pretty proud of. After the couple finally emerged (they were late for their session, so they didn't get out until after noon. Matt did some family shots, then couple shots, around the temple grounds. It is amazing what good pictures he can get when he has the time, not just 15 or 20 minutes between the ceremony and the reception. After he got enough pics, we took off and found a Chipotle's for a yummy burrito. Then we drove home. It was so much fun, a super quick weekend, and he spend all day Sunday processing pictures.

So, I just dropped him off at the airport. He's off to London to take pictures at a wedding. I'm really, really jealous; I wanted to go so bad. But he'll have a great time. I actually was able to walk up to the gate with him. The ticket agent asked me if I wanted to walk him to the gate and hang out since there was a couple hours until his flight. I said "Sure!" So he printed me up a gate pass, and I was able to hang out for an extra hour. It was so cool! I didn't know you could do that, but Matt said the ticket agent hooked me up.

Anyways, I have a pretty tough week coming up...lots of projects, papers, and tests. So, speaking of, I need to get to work. I'll keep you up to date on Matt's visit to London. He and Mom are supposed to hang out at least one of the days he is there.


1 comment:

  1. Pam, that's cool you can get bike riding in on a weekend that you had other obligations. You go, girl (and guy!!!).