Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh the Weather Outside is...

oh, so very nice! :) It is so hard to believe that this is December, and Christmas is right around the corner. Looking at my sister's blog and the pictures of the snow makes me realize how much I'm enjoying the weather here! Matt's new work schedule has him working on Saturdays and having Sunday/Monday off. Except, for the last two Mondays, they've been doing special things at work and he's gone in to do things he wouldn't normally have an opportunity to do. So, Sunday was our weekend this week. We started out by priming some of the trim outside. Sitting up on the roof, just basking in the sunshine and looking up at the clear, blue sky...well, it was a little slice of heaven :) Then, we decided to go for a run down on the beach in Santa Monica. We ended up running from the pier, along the beach by the water, all the way to Muscle Beach in Venice. That was about 2 miles, then we walked back. My feet ended up being really sore. Big surprise, right? Especially since we were running in the sand. It was so nice, though. We had lunch in Brentwood, at a Fish Taco place. Yumm...grilled fish tacos...:)

On our way back, we decided to stop at our friends' the Masciale's house, and they were there! So were Vince's parents and sister, and we had a really nice visit. :) We headed home, and when we got here, it was dark. Jupiter was shining brightly, and I took some advice that I heard on the radio and got out the binoculars. I don't have a great pair, but I think I was able to see some of the Galilean moons of Jupiter. Of course, I was so shaky, it is hard to tell...

Well, that was our weekend. Matt got up early this morning to head to work, and I've been catching up on housework all day. I'm starting to make some headway, though :)

Well, back to it, I guess.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Look who I saw riding the Santa Monica Pier's Roller Coaster:





Santa sure looks like he's having fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. you know how much i HATE being cold, but it was kinda fun seeing the kids enjoy the snow. and, it was pretty with all the leaves covered up! it makes it feel like winter!
    but...i am jealous of your warm weather. who knows...it will probably be like that next week! :)

    ReplyDelete