Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bike Rides

Ok, so I think that just about the best thing in the world is riding bikes. I think I've always felt this way. When I was little, I remember riding bikes in the summer, all day, every day. I couldn't get enough. But I lost that when we moved to Bancroft. We lived too far away from "civilization" and it seemed too far to ride into town, so we didn't (now I have a completely different perspective). Now that I've begun to ride my bike again, I don't think there's anything better than getting on a bike and going for a bike ride. :) Yes, I may be tired after riding 20 miles still (I'm not quite in the shape I want or need to be in) but it is a good kind of tired.

So, my numbers so far this week:

Sunday 6 miles
Monday 22.56 miles
Tuesday 22.33 miles

Total 50.89

If you had told me a month ago that I would be riding my bike 50 miles (or more) in a week, I would have told you you were crazy!

On a side note, a few weeks ago, or maybe a month, I had a UTI and I didn't want to go to the doctor's. I knew they would just give me antibiotics, and I had just come off an antibiotics regimen, so I decided to try to let my body fight it off. I probably got the dang thing because the antibiotics I had just finished taking had killed off all of the good guys down there. And then when I went swimming in the ocean, well... Anyways, Matt and I did a little research, and found there are several things you can take to help your urinary tract. I want to share with everyone, because I am a total believer. We all know about Cranberry, and how good they are for us. Well there's some other things, like Olive Leaf Extract which is also ridiculously good.



I'm also taking something that is called Ultimate Urinary Cleanse. It seems to work wonders. I don't know who else in the family is prone to these things, but I seem to get them all the time. The Navy doctors couldn't really tell me anything, just the normal preventative measures, and the antibiotics to fight them when they flare up. But I would much rather do something "naturally" (I don't know how natural pills really are, but since they work so well, I'm not going to be picky) than kill off all the good and bad bacteria each and every time I get one. So far, so good. I feel great. In a short amount of time, I've noticed great results.


Today, I took my first final of the first 6 week session. I hope I did well. Actually, it wasn't a "final" it just happened to be the last test. The final is optional, if we don't like our grade. It was for a linguistics class; we were learning a completely different way to look at sentences and diagram them. It makes a whole lot of sense, but I'm not sure I could explain it to anyone. I also have a big project for one of my education classes due on Friday (which I haven't really started on yet) and a test as well that I can take either Monday or Tuesday. And then a whole new batch of classes start up on Monday. So I have technically 3 days off this week, which is good, because I feel like I need a break. I can feel the burn out coming. Hopefully I last until the end of the summer.

Ok, well, speaking of things I should be doing, I should be working on some homework. But I'll actually probably read some more of my book. I'm reading the prequel to the Dune series, House Atreides. I've read the others, a long time ago, so this prequel is a pretty good refresher for the series. It introduces all of the characters. Oh, and before I forget, here's a picture of me, riding my bike. Aren't I cute? I think this is on the way to the Lineberry's for the Memorial Day BBQ.


No comments:

Post a Comment