Thursday, March 18, 2010

It is Official!!!

You are now reading the blog of a California resident. Yep, that's right. I braved the DMV today (so glad that I had an appointment) and two-and-a-half hours later, I am in the possession of a temporary California driver's license, along with registration for the truck. Let me just say that it was a MADHOUSE at the DMV. The wait time, just to be seen by someone, after you got through the line of about 40 people, was 2 hours. Well, since I had an appt., I skipped that line and got my number in a few minutes. Then, it was about 20 minutes for my number to be called. But, since I had driver's license, as well as registration to do, just wading through the paperwork and waiting in other lines took quite a while. For once in my life I was completely prepared with all my papers when I got to the DMV. That totally saved me. I watched the employees have disputes and shouting matches with customers. I saw people get really upset. I even saw (after it happened) a woman fall off the curb and hurt herself. I told you it was a madhouse! But, you attract more with honey than vinegar, and I just remained very calm and pleasant when dealing with the workers, and they were polite back. Also, I had to take the driver's license test: 36 questions. I could miss 6. I got a perfect score :) I did have some last minute study help with my fellow line holders. That was my saving grace.

Anyways. I never thought it would happen. But now it is happening very quickly. Can't be mistaken for an out-of-stater, now. I am a resident :)

1 comment: