Friday, January 21, 2011

Belize, Part 4: Mayan Ruins

Ok, here's a short post on our Mayan Ruins trip. I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I'll show you what I have. We went to two Mayan sites: Cahal Pech and Xunantunich. They are pretty close to each other, near the Guatemala border. After a 3 or 3 1/2 hour van ride, we arrived at Cahal Pech.

Here's me, getting ready to go.
 Oh, did I mention there was a jacuzzi on our deck.
 Ahhh! Pictures of us together :)
 This is at the resort, looking at one of the buildings.
 Ok, ok, here it is. Cahal Pech. This is in the central plaza.
 Yep, we're going to climb those steps  :)
 ANOTHER picture of us together. Unheard of!
 Matt, standing in front of the temple.

 Here's one of the bedrooms.


 Stairs going down from the top of the temple.
 Hey! Stop so I can take your picture!
 Here's the timeline for Cahal Pech, found in the visitor's center.
 And the last two pictures are for my mother, who loves pictures of flowers :)
 Ok, so maybe this is just grass, but it is crazy grass! Look at how it twists!

Well, Matt is home from work, and I should let him take over the computer. Maybe he'll process some of his pictures so we can post them (hint, hint!)

I'll tell you more about the second site, Xunantunich later.

~Pam

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating Pam! Looks beautiful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete