Thursday, March 14, 2013

And the Magic of Thursday

So, we're getting a new roof put on. It's been going on for over a week now and they're still not finished. It takes a while. It's a high quality product. I'll just be glad when I don't have 7 guys walking around on my roof all day. They're nice guys, but still...


So, a few weeks ago, we had Emily (Peggy's daughter) stay for the week. We had a blast! We took her snowboarding one of the days, her first time ever, and she did amazing! Way better than I did my first time. Also, the whole week, we waited (im)patiently for our hummingbird's eggs to hatch. She had laid two eggs, and we kept waiting, and waiting. I think they hatched 2 days after Emily left :( But the good news is, they're thriving. And I mean thriving! They're so big now that they almost don't fit in the nest anymore! Pretty soon, probably within a week or so, they'll be leaving the nest, flying away for good.


Jade, the momma, sitting on the nest, before they hatched.
The first baby hatched!

Jade, standing on the edge of the nest, feeding the babies.



And, here's a video I took of the babies fighting for space in the nest:





I was surfing the interwebs yesterday and came across this webcam of a hummingbird nest near Santa Barbara, CA.  Enjoy!  


~Pam


*Update* So, I've made an executive decision. I've decided these are girl hummingbirds, and as such, with the help of Miss Emily Blair, have named them. World, say hello to Melody and Harmony!





1 comment:

  1. Emily is so excited. I'm afraid we won't make it up to see them before they fly away:(

    ReplyDelete