Monday, September 15, 2008

Funny

Ok, so Matt sent me an email, and I thought I would share with you one of the funny pictures that were in it. I got a kick out of this one.




Matt and I had a great weekend. On Saturday we decided to take a bike ride. We went to the Chesapeake Canal Trail, again. This time we did it twice, which came out to about 30 miles. Not the greatest, but not too shabby. You already know about our bikes, but I just want to say that I'm excited and nervous to get them. It is like my first REAL bike.


Here are some pictures of our ride:

This is a beautiful butterfly we were watching.


This is Matt at the end of the 8 mile trail where we always stop for a snack.


Here's Matt, pretending he is the bear statue :)



Yesterday, Matt wanted to go to the beach, then he got the idea to go snorkeling. I wasn't too sure about it, I hate masks. But I decided to try, and I actually liked it. This makes Matt very excited, because now there is a possibility that we could go scuba diving some day. It was very hard to get my brain to let me put my head under water and breath at the same time. But I got used to it. And I had fun "swimming" with the mask on. For the first time in my life, I was swimming a true freestyle stroke. I could keep my head in the water, and I could swim so much faster than I normally do!

I tried to call Mom yesterday for her birthday, but I didn't catch her. I'll try again today. I hope she knows that we were thinking of her and that we love her! Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Love,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I tried to call mom also on her birthday and all I got was her voicemail :( At least I got to hear her voice somehow. It made me real homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I did end up calling her and getting in touch with her yesterday. And I had some extra time on my phone card, so I let Kate call her today. :) It was nice to talk to her. I hope you get in touch with her as well.

    PS. I think she said she missed 5 calls, but I don't think she got any voice mails. :( Don't know what happened with that.

    ReplyDelete