Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sick, sick, sick

Ok, so Sunday, I told Kate I would watch the boys for her while she went to church. They had been throwing up and had diarrhea off and on for the past day. I didn't mind; they were acting pretty normal and we had a great time. I can't imagine that that 3 1/2 hours that I spent with them was enough to pass on the germs and get me sick on Monday, but that seems to have happened. Yesterday morning, I woke up with a tummy ache. Since it was going to be my first day teaching the class on my own for a whole week, I chalked it up to nervousness. I went to school, taught my lesson (on snowboarding, which went fantastically, btw) and felt all right for most of the day, until about 1:30. I was on my way home, and my tummy started gurgling. I was talking to Kate all the way home. I got home, went to the bathroom, then made myself lunch. Big mistake. I ended up violently throwing that up hours later. I have body aches, chills, nausea, diarrhea, head ache, you name it, I've got it. Why am I up at 5:20 am, do you ask? Well, Matt still has to get up and go to work, regardless of how he feels. Did I mention that at around 11pm he started to feel pretty badly too? He got up several times during the night. I don't think he has thrown up yet, but I'm sure it is coming. So, since it is his duty day, he has to be at work early. And then wait to go to "Sick Call" which probably starts at 8:30am. He'll stand in line, feeling miserable, finally get seen by a corpsman, and it is up in the air whether he'll be able to come home and rest or not. I hope they give him "SIQ" or "Sick in Quarters" which means he'll be able to come home and rest with me. That would be great, I think.

So, I don't think I'm going into school today. I've already exposed those kids to my germs, unfortunately, but they don't need to be exposed any more than they already have. I'm going to have to make up the 3 hours I'm missing, and I'm putting my lead teacher in a bind. And that means they will only have 2 people in there, which is going to be rough. I just don't think I can do it. Not today. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better by tomorrow. I feel really guilty that I won't be there.

Anyways, I'm going to rest now. I am going to call my lead teacher at 6:30am to let her know that for sure I'm not going to be there.

Talk to you guys later, wish me luck on getting better.

Pam

2 comments:

  1. Pam, trust me... it's better to stay home than to expose the kids and the workers to those germs!
    I sure hope you feel better soon. I get to go to work with a head cold.... because it's been going around and I've caught it... grrr

    ReplyDelete