Monday, May 4, 2009

Wow, what a weekend!

Ok, so I was sick Thursday and Friday, so when I started to feel better on Saturday morning and was ready to get OUT of the HOUSE, Matt mentioned a trip to the Outer Banks, NC. Shoot, I'm game! I drove most of the way down there, getting us to Pea Island on the Outer Banks, and Matt took us the rest of the way. We decided to go as far as we could, then see about taking a ferry to Ocracoke Island. Guess what! The ferry to Ocracoke is free! We HAD to take it! (I've never been on a ferry before, at least not one where you DRIVE onto it! It was pretty cool.) We explored the island, ate some dinner, explored some more, and drove home. We got home around 11pm, which is WAY too late for me, but it was still totally worth it.

Matt, on the ferry, getting ready to take some pictures.

Me and Matt, on the ferry.


Matt, in front of the Ocracoke pony pens.


On the beach. It was cold, and I didn't have a jacket, so I used my sheet to wrap up in :)


Matt, on the beach, where we found some respite from the wind.


Then, on Sunday, we had big plans. We ate breakfast, lounged around, got ready for lunch, thinking we were going to work out after lunch and maybe go grocery shopping. Well, Matt decided to check out Craig's List to see if he could find a range/microwave. He wasn't expecting to find anything, but he found what we were looking for, right away. And for an amazing price. So...we decided to head over and pick up a (practically) brand-new range and microwave. It is a gas stove-top and electric range. What does that mean? Well, it means we had to run 220v over to the oven, but after a bunch of fenagling, we got it hooked up. Let me tell you about that microwave. Well, our old microwave (which is now residing under our car port outside) had a cord that ran out of the bottom of it. This microwave has a cord that runs from the top. ARGH!!! That was really, really difficult to get straightened out (I'm using very mild language, which is hard to do when I think about it :). Anyways, it is all hooked up now, and I'm really happy with how it looks. We're going to have to get a backsplash for it, but other than that, we're good to go. It is awesome, by the way. I'm excited to have a stove that works, and I can't wait to bake in the oven, even though I probably won't eat anything that I bake! :)

Yep, there's my old stove, off to the left. Replaced by the newer, cleaner, much nicer model to the right. As Parker said this morning-"Mimi, that one's dirty! We can't play with it!" (I have cleaned it today, in case we're going to try to sell it, but boy was it dirty!)


Ahh...our new microwave and oven. Don't they look nice in the kitchen?


Nice, new appliances!

Well, I should go grocery shopping, but it looks like there might be a thunderstorm headed our way :( (Why should that matter? Well, I just have the truck, and groceries in the back of the truck tend to get wet when it rains :) Evidently there's a tornado warning until tonight at 6. Hmmm...that's the first I've heard of it. Well, maybe I can go ONE more day without going shopping. We'll have to see.

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment