Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday

Well, today I woke up with Matt at around 6 with a splitting headache. I REALLY didn't want to go workout, but it is difficult to cancel when you sign up in advance like you have to...so...I went. I'm really glad I did. I did a boot camp workout, and we worked on strength training. I'm already feeling stronger and that I have more endurance than I did even a week ago. I'm feeling pretty good about these workouts. It doesn't hurt that the numbers on the scale have gone down steadily, either! :)

Speaking of numbers, I've decided to cook Thanksgiving dinner, and try not to sabotage the work I'm doing on my body. So, my dinner will consist of <500 calories per plate (not including dessert). What's on the menu? Well, I'm signed up at Spark.com, and they had a great idea for a low calorie Thanksgiving dinner. So here it is:
Appetizers:
Pumpkin dip and apple slices
Soup: Roasted Squash Soup
Main Course:
Vegetable and Fruit Stuffing
Roasted Root Vegetables with Apple Cider Gravy
Herb Roasted Turkey with Cranberry Relish
Dessert:
Mini Apple Tarts
Mini Sweet Potato Tarts

Guess I'll have to start grocery shopping, huh? :)

I have one student to tutor this evening. I need to be there around 530. So I still have time to do the lesson plan, right? I've got dinner in the crockpot, laundry done, floors swept and vacuumed. I'm exhausted, but I got a lot done today :)

~Pam

2 comments:

  1. um, pretty sure my thanksgiving dinner will consist of WAY more than 500 calories....and i'm gonna enjoy it! :) ha!
    it'll be weird not having you here for thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete