Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Quick Update

Ok, so an update on how I've been doing as far as fitness goes. Let me tell you: having a body bug sure does make it a no-brainer. I mean, I can sync up and find out how many calories I've burned, and then make sure that I eat less than that. So far, I've lost about 2 pounds since I got the bug. Which brings me to a little over 4 since I started wanting to work out. I would really, really like to get down to my goal weight before we head to Belize. I also want to be really strong when we go so I can enjoy all the hikes and stuff while we're there. I don't want to be a slug and sit in the hotel all day, every day.


So, here's the summary that I get every time I plug my bug into the computer.
The first graph shows calories burned per minute. It's pretty cool. You can really see how many calories you burn with different activities. Then, calories consumed depends on you inputting the information  yourself: you have to be honest, or it won't work!
Physical activity breaks down into moderate and vigorous activity. I have daily goals for amounts of each. I also have a daily step goal, which I almost never reach for some reason. 10000 steps is a lot, I guess...
This thing also keeps track of my sleep. It can tell when I'm sleeping and when I'm just lying down. It is interesting to see how well I sleep through the night--usually not very.
And,of course, I keep track of my weight and weight loss. Another thing I have to input myself. Honesty is key.

Well, that's it. I have a really busy week ahead of me. I have 4 students to tutor today, starting at 1 and ending at 8. I also need to start making some of my Thanksgiving dinner. I've decided to make the Cranberry Relish, sweet potato tarts, and apple tarts today, if I have time. Also, I need to work some more on my Christmas gifts. Oh, and get in a workout, as well. Whew! Let's see if I can figure out how to get all this stuff done!  And go check on the turkey. It needs to defrost! It was still a block of ice when I checked on it this morning. I put it in some cold water, which I'll be switching out periodically, until it gets defrosted. Nothing worse than waking up on Thursday morning with a frozen turkey! :)

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment