Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Purse

Ok, so I have to say that this was one of the toughest weeks for me. Matt was working the night shift, from 11pm to 7am, and I switched my sleep schedule to stay with him. It was so much easier 8 years ago when I was in prototype and had to work rotating shift work. Maybe it was because I was kept busy....there's not much on tv at 3 am, let me tell you! So, anyways, now that the week is over, I'm a bit relieved. We're switching back to days (Matt goes to work on Monday) and it will be nice to sleep when the sun is down and wake when it comes up :) So, with all my free time, you would think I would have been really creative and got tons of projects done. Well, not really. I was really just too tired to do much of anything for practically the whole week. Until Thursday/Friday, that is. I decided to use up some of my scraps and make myself a new purse. The one I've been using was the first one I made, and I've gotten a bit better at making them. So the quality of the stitching is a little bit higher. I used the same tutorial as last time, from Flamingo Toes. So super easy! And, here's the finished project:

Here's the front. I used a green scrap to break up the black floral pattern.

The back.
And the inside.
And I was going to leave it at that, but I decided that I needed something more on the back. So, I searched the web for a flower tutorial, and decided on this one from Sew Ritzy~Titzy. I think it turned out quite nicely!



AND, I got rid of some of my scraps :) Always a good thing! BTW, the black fabric is t-shirt fabric left over from my t-shirt dress. And, the floral fabric is what I used to make Mom's Christmas present. The green is left over from my VERY first purse that I made. Remember that? :)

Ok, well, it is 8pm, and tomorrow it is our plan to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix. My future niece-in-law Sam has tickets that she can't use, and we're more than happy to take them off her hands. Last year we happened to be in Long Beach a couple days before the race, and we drove the race path for a ways. Didn't think we'd be going to see the race just one year later, that's for sure. Thanks, Sam!!

~Pam

1 comment: