Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ouch

So, today Matt and I decided to drive out to Chesapeake and ride the Great Dismal Swamp Canal Trail. It was a fun ride; we were planning on making the ride twice (it is 16 miles round trip, so that would have been 32 miles). This is the first time we've really ridden a long distance with our clip in sandals. I was doing pretty good, feeling great, and then I saw a snake in the road....



Matt said, "Ooo, let's take a picture of it." I was already past it, so I slowed down, and went to get off my bike. Well.......I forgot that I was clipped in, and yep, you guessed it, I fell. Hard. On the ground. Man it hurt! I scraped up my knee pretty bad, as you can see.





I kept going, and we finally stopped at a nice picnic area. We ate a power bar.



We had a great time. It was a fun ride, all things considered. We rode FAST!

2 comments:

  1. OUCH!!! You are so tough to get back on your bike and keep going. I'm impressed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i laughed while i was reading your post. it's just cause that is something i would have done. but i would have screamed and scared the snake away, too. and then not gotton pictures!

    ReplyDelete