Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This year

It is going to be all about the pumpkins! I'm not one to decorate for seasons, but hey, there's a first time for everything, right? Last year, at Kohl's, I picked up this adorable pumpkin for like 2 bucks. I couldn't pass it up.

It's cute, right? Well, then, I found this awesome tutorial for a dryer vent pumpkin. I thought, that's pretty cool. The other day I was looking around my garage for something, and stumbled across a bunch of leftover dryer vent. Perfect! And, it's the white kind of vent, instead of the aluminum...so....I don't even have to paint it! It looks like a white pumpkin. Well, I don't have any cinnamon sticks, either, but I have plenty of other sticks lying about in the yard, and Matt was kind enough to cut one for me for the stem. Some found twine, and Viola'! Another cool pumpkin!

I'm pretty excited to see how I can add to my pumpkin collection this year...

Oh, and speaking of pumpkins, I planted my fall garden yesterday (although I didn't plant any pumpkins...). Just went out and got it done! Here's what it looks like:

Matt helped me put in the soil, but I planted everything. The grid was made with the leftover slats from our plantation blinds from our bedroom. And the lines you see running between the white grid? Well, that's our drip irrigation system we put in. This garden is going to be so easy and well-maintained! (I say that now...) Not pictured are the markers I made for each square so I know what I planted in each. I wrote on them how many days to sprout and harvest. I should have some plants coming up in about a week or two. I'll keep you posted. For more information on Square Foot Gardening, visit: www.squarefootgardening.com. 

In other news, my job has been postponed. Seems they don't want us using our own personal computers anymore, so they're letting us use their laptops. Unfortunately, they haven't come in yet, so I have to wait for my laptop to come before I can continue my tutoring sessions. I'm pretty angry because I had just scheduled my last pretest...If I can't get two sessions in before the end of the month, I'm going to have to wait until October to start. That's going to really push back my end date....Oh, and for those of you who know, I'm taking the test on Saturday. Wish me luck. I've been studying my butt off, and I hope it pays off....I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Anyone who's curious about what I'm talking about, email me! I'll let you in on it. I'm not quite ready to come out and tell everyone my big plans just yet....maybe after the test is done!

Well, that's about it. I guess I should start looking into what to have for dinner. Probably will involve pasta or beans...that's about all we've been eating lately! Happy Fall, everyone!


Pam

PS. Happy birthday to my mother. I won't tell you how old she is. I'll just say that she just keeps getting better with age! Love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment