Friday, September 10, 2010

Finally!

Well, as of today I have all my students scheduled for their first tutoring session! Whew! I was having trouble getting in touch with one family, but it worked out perfectly. My Wednesday tutoring session fell through, because the libraries close at 5:30 on Wednesdays, so I had Wednesday wide open. I was able to schedule this child from 3-4 on Wednesdays! :) I'm pretty excited. So far it has gone really well. I've tested 4 students, and they've all been really fun. I have two more today to test, and that will put the total of tests up to 6. The other 4 will get tested next week. I'm a little worried, because the 5th grade language arts test seems to take about 2 hours to complete, and in some cases I only have a 1 hour session with 30 minutes until the next session...so we will have to see how that goes. So far I'm not buried in paperwork, but we'll see how it goes as time goes on. I'm definitely excited to be bringing in some money, even if it is a small amount. But, hey, every bit counts, right?

So, if you are interested, here's how my tutoring days will go:

Monday: 5-6
Tuesday: 3-4; 4:30-5:30, 6:30-7:30
Wednesday: 3-4
Thursday: 4-6; 6:30-7:30
Friday: 3-4; 4:30-5:30; 6-7

Looks like it will definitely keep me busy. I should be home by 8 on most evenings...although the Friday 6-7 first appointment will likely take much longer...Fortunately for me, all the students live within about 15 minutes of me. And they all live pretty close to each other. We shall see how it goes, eh? :)

Well, that's about it. Wish me luck! I hope that I can give these students at least a little bit of what they need!

~Pam

1 comment:

  1. nice! i'm sure you feel much less stressed knowing your "schedule"!! :) you'll do great, i know you will.

    ReplyDelete