Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kate Tagged Me

So, after running the 5K today, I decided that I would respond to the tag that Kate tagged me with yesterday. Here are the rules:

1. Go to your pictures on your computer
2. Go to your 6th folder
3. Go to your 6th picture
4. Post it
5. Blog about it




My picture isn't nearly as cool as Kate's or Beth's pictures. But this is one of the sidewalks that I used to ride my bicycle down on my way to school at Old Dominion last summer. It was a beautiful day, and I decided I wanted to take a picture of the flowers on the trees. Yes, I know, I'm turning slowly into my mother (she has more pictures of flowers on her computer than anyone I know). :) But, there it is.

Anyways, more about the 5K, as I'm sure you guys want to know all about it. Kate, Matt, and I started out together, then Kate dropped back, Matt stayed with me for a while. Then I finally had to walk for a little bit, and I told Matt to go ahead. He ended up finishing at 27 minutes. I walked/jogged the rest of the way, and my goal was to finish before 45 minutes (that would mean 15 minutes per mile). When I saw the time board, I was surprised to see 36 minutes, so I pushed it out and finished around 37 minutes! I'm so proud of myself. I knew Kate wasn't too far behind, and she ended up finishing just 3 minutes after me. I'm so glad we decided to do it. Not only did it support a good cause, the Wounded Warriors, but it was challenging and rewarding. We had great weather, and a great time.

Ok, now I need to shower so we can get some lunch and go grocery shopping. I'll talk to you guys later!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment