Saturday, April 4, 2009

Green thumb, or brown? I hope it's green.

Look at what I did today!!!
I was cleaning out my old planter, deciding that since the weather was a balmy 80 degrees or so, I would think about putting in some vegetable planters. So, here they are!





There are 4 planters, each 12 feet long by 2 feet wide. There's a 2 foot path in between each planter so I can easily weed them. I haven't planted anything yet; that's what tomorrow is for. But I do have some seeds. I just need to decide where to put them. I have:
California cowpea- or black eyed pea
Contender bean- green bean
Yellow squash
Zucchini squash
Radish
Carrot
Salad Mix Lettuce
Salad Bowl Lettuce

So far, anyways. We also want to plant one entire planter full of tomatoes. I'm hoping my brother-in-law can give us some pointers on how to get some high yield tomatoes. They usually do pretty well for themselves as far as tomatoes go :) Oh, and I really need to figure out how to keep the rabbits away....I'm thinking something similar to what we did to get rid of the mice in our house. There's something you can plug into an outlet, and it uses the electrical wire in the house to emit a sound at a frequency that mice don't like. It worked fantastically for us with mice, I wonder if it works with rabbits. We could run an outdoor extension cord around the perimeter, and plug the thing in...We'll have to see. I'll be doing some research on that one.

Anyways, it has been a fun-filled, sun-filled (I got a little burnt) day. We worked hard and we are going to hopefully reap the benefits come 50-90 days :)

Talk to ya'll later,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment