Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wonderful Summer day

Ok, so it is really still spring, summer doesn't get here until June, right? But, holy cow! Today was FANTASTIC. Matt and I woke up early (6am-on a weekend, no less) and worked out. Workout was done by 7:30am, and we ate some breakfast. Called Kate, to see if she wanted pictures of the boys taken, and she did! So we took showers, got over to Kate's, helped the boys get dressed. Loaded up the van, and headed to the beach. We ended up over by the Lesner Bridge, which is right by the inlet to Lynnhaven Bay. Matt took some amazing pictures, and we all had fun.

Kate's boys are such a riot! I taught them to wait for the water to come up and get their feet wet, and then run screaming away. Preston kept saying "Mi Mi!" I would say, "yes Preston?" Then, he would hold up a rock, or stick, or shell and show it to me. Then he would throw it into the water. Repeat about 80 times! And it never stopped being cute!

Parker is starting to be so grown up! He informs us of a lot of things. For instance, while we were driving in the car, he said "Emma isn't at her house." It was so random, we were like, "What?" He said, "My friend Emma isn't at her house." He was referring to his friend who used to live here in an apartment along the way to the beach. Kate said, "Where does she live now?" Parker said, "By the temple." Very matter-of-factly. (The family moved to D.C.) Hilarious. Especially since he was so serious!

After we got done at the beach, Matt and I headed home where we ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. After lunch, we decided to take a load of bricks and concrete to the dump, which took us about an hour and a half. We spent the rest of the afternoon
1)mowing the lawn
2)fixing the outside faucet that burst when it actually froze this winter
3)adding mulch to the veggie beds
4)spraying weed killer over the lawn
5)playing croquet

Yes, that's right, Matt and I finally set up our croquet set and played a few rounds. Matt had never played before, but he's a natural. He even won the first game! Of course, I won the others, but hey, I'm an experienced player. It was so much fun. We kept the wickets up, just in case we want to play again soon.

Tomorrow morning, Matt and I are going to ride on a memorial bike ride. A fellow cyclist in the area was killed recently in a collision with a car. So, a bunch of cyclists are going to get together and ride, and they are going to construct a ghost bike for him. It should be a good experience.

Well, I hope everyone had wonderful weather this weekend and got out to enjoy it. It is so funny because there was a time in my life where I never would have thought to get so much accomplished in one day. Ask my friend Matt Timmermann, once I talked myself out of doing ANYTHING for the whole evening because "I only have 5 hours left to get it done." So I didn't do any of the things I needed to do. Boy, am I glad that I am not like that anymore! I like this new me. I think I'm going to keep her :)

1 comment:

  1. it was fun, wasn't it. and yes, my boys are a riot!
    i can't believe how hot was/is. i broke down and switched on the A/C so we aren't dying tonight.
    i can't wait to see pictures...hint hint! :)