Wednesday, July 2, 2008

OK

So, for those of you who have not looked at Kate's blog yet...DON'T READ ON! Go to her blog. Then come back here :) Everyone else, read on...


So, Kate's going to have a little girl. I'm so happy for her. I guess now that she's officially out of the closet about her pregnancy (it's about time) we can all talk about it. I'm kinda excited for this one. I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like yesterday she was telling me that she was pregnant. (I know for some of you it WAS yesterday ;) And now the baby's going to be here soon. Almost too soon. We're going to have a lot to do before the time comes. (Honestly, THEY are going to have a lot to do before the time comes, but I'll be right down the road if they need anything.) I can't believe she's kept it a secret this long. There are people at her church that don't even know that she's pregnant. Come on, people. She's not fat! What, do they think she's overeating because she is stressed out? Seriously?

Anyways, this blog is not supposed to be about Kate. It is supposed to be about me. I honestly almost cried when I watched the video on her blog. Almost. It is kind of exciting.


OK, so to switch gears, Matt ordered me some pepper spray for my bike yesterday. Evidently you can't get the (good) stuff in stores. And he was doing some research, and found out what the really good stuff is. Pepper spray potency is measured in SHUs, or Scoville Heat Units. This is a measurement of how "hot" the peppers are. To give you a good idea, green peppers rate 0 on the SHU scale, and habanero chilies rate 350,000 SHUs. The pepper spray Matt bought for me is rated at something like 5.3 million SHUs. There are some videos on YouTube that show stupid guys (why is it always guys who do these stupid things?) getting sprayed with the stuff. Usually there is some sort of bucket or hose that they start to stick their head in or under, and after about an hour and a half, the burning subsides. I think I'm going to feel very safe with this stuff. Look out, all you would-be crooks! You can't take my bike, not without a considerable amount of pain, that is.

Well, I got up early today....yeah, so that I could finish up the first book of the Twilight series. I was skeptical, but I must admit that it is a pretty good book. Not the best book ever, but really good. It kept me wanting to know more, and it was suspenseful. I liked it, especially since it took me about 24 hours to read it. Total. I like quick reads like that. Then I did some yoga, and now I'm going to get ready to ride my bike to school. I have to take some books over to Kate's; Maura is liking the Ender's Game series, so I'm going to bring over Ender's Shadow, Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Hegemon. I don't have Shadow of the Giant, yet. That's the last in the series, and I can't believe I haven't read it yet. Ok, I need to take a shower, even though I'm going to get ridiculously sweaty on my ride to school. But it is WORTH IT! $6 a day adds up!

Ok, hope everyone is having a most excellent 4th of July Eve.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment