Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Another Tuesday

Ok, so why is it that every time I look at Marie's blog, I get that "It's My Life," by Bon Jovi song in my head. It's now or never. And I ain't gonna live forever....

Anyways, that is beside the point. So, I rode my bike to school today. It was the second day of classes for the second half of the semester. My two new classes are Math 335- Discrete Math, and Hist 346- Virginia History. The math class is so ridiculously easy right now I'm kicking myself for not considering CLEP-ping out of it. Oh, well, too late for that. I'll just try to stay awake. But the VA History class...well, the prof is awesome. He's this old guy who you just know knows a lot. I know I'm going to learn a lot from his class. There's a bunch of kids in the class who fall asleep in class and are already complaining about the course-load. Wimps. I'm not afraid of a couple papers. This session is going to go by really quickly. I think it's only 6 or 7 weeks long. :) I just found out (actually it was written on the syllabus, so I don't know why I didn't see it) but my biology class ends in 2 more weeks. Yeah!!! I thought it went into August, for some reason. So that means no more Monday/Wednesday night lab classes. I actually despise night classes. They are the worst. Especially in downtown Norfolk, when I have to walk back to my car late at night past all the creepy people standing around asking for cigarettes. I always try to go in a group, and if I can't, to keep at least a sidewalk's distance between me and anyone else. You can never be too careful. Along those same lines, I am thinking of getting a can of mace for my bike. Today, as I was riding home, a kid yelled at me "Hey! Let me have your bike!" As if I would just give it to him right there, or something. I don't get some people. But, just in case...I haven't been too concerned about the neighborhoods I ride through before this, because the troublemakers usually don't get up before noon. But now that my class ends at 320, all the hoodlums are up and ready to make trouble. I keep my eyes open.

Well, I think Matt already went to bed, so I think that is my cue. I need to get a good night's rest; with all the smoke in the air my allergies are running haywire and driving me crazy.

I'll talk to you guys more later.

Pam

PS. Does everyone know that Penny got a dog????? I'm so jealous. It is even an English Springer Spaniel. How unfair! (I'm actually really happy for her.)

1 comment:

  1. And people wonder why I still live in Idaho? I will take the small town, nothing to do, no place to shop as long as I don't have to worry about where to walk at nights. I don't envy you one bit! Love ya, little sister.

    ReplyDelete